MCRRC is pleased to offer a monthly CPR/ First Aid certification course through Lifeworks, sponsored by Shady Grove Adventist HealthCare, for members & member’s immediate family members. The class is sufficient for new certifications as well as re-certifications. This class is free for all active MCRRC Program Coaches and Race Directors. The class is $50 for any other MCRRC member/ immediate family member.
Please review all information on this page prior to signing up to be sure you understand the process and our policies.
Schedule *** ALL CLASSES START AT 8 AM AND SHOULD END BY 1 PM *** Please note that depending on the makeup of the participants, the class may go longer at the instructor’s descretion. Please plan accordingly.
- Saturday, August 7, 2021
- Saturday, September 11, 2021
- Saturday, October 9, 2021
- Saturday, November 6, 2021
- Saturday, December 4, 2021
- This is a medical facility. UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, all attendees must wear a facemask covering both nose & mouth, and be prepared to do so for the duration of the class.
- Attendees are permitted to bring drinks, lunch or snacks to class – please don’t bring anything that needs to be refrigerated (use an ice pack) or heated up. There are vending machines in the hallway, but they can be unpredictable.
- Please plan to dispose of, or take any trash with you at the end of class.
- Class begins with CPR at 9 AM with First Aid in the afternoon. Class will end by 4 PM.
- Registration closes at 11:59 PM on the Tuesday before each class date. This is a new COVID protocol and there cannot be exceptions.
- Each class is limited to only 6 MCRRC attendees — due to COVID, this is necessary for Adventist to control class size.
Location & Time:
CPR classes are held at 14915 Broschart Road (“around the corner” from Shady Grove Adventist Hospital), Rockville, MD in the Ladew Conference Room on the 1st Floor.
The classes will be from 9 AM TO 4:00 PM with a half hour break for lunch at 1:00 PM.
You will receive instructions by e-mail. Please note they may not be sent until the Friday before the class.
There will be a half hour break for lunch at 1:00 PM. Please bring a bagged lunch. Refreshments will NOT be provided, so please be sure to pack anything you will need for the day.
Payment & Reimbursement:
Everyone must register & pay in advance for the class via our online signup form. The cost of the class is $50 + online service fees. IF YOU ARE AN MCRRC COACH OR RACE DIRECTOR, you are eligible for reimbursement. Upon completion of the class, you may submit an expense report to email@example.com. PLEASE NOTE: MCRRC will reimburse the $50 of the cost of the class only. We are unable to reimburse for online processing fees. Please allow up to three (3) weeks for processing. Download the expense voucher form here.
Registration is available online ONLY. Each class is limited to 6 participants. We are unfortunately unable to accept a higher number of participants per class.
All MCRRC program directors and pace/ group coaches are required to be CPR AND First Aid certified in order to participate as a coach. The MCRRC Program policy regarding coaching requirements can be found here.
If a class is cancelled by Lifeworks, we will do our very best to notify you in a timely manner. At that time, we will be happy to assist you with rescheduling to another class. Likewise, if you are unable to make it to the class you signed up for, we must receive notice by 3 PM on the Wednesday before the class to firstname.lastname@example.org – again, we will be happy to assist you with rescheduling to another class.
If you are a “no show” on class day, we are unable to refund your registration fee & you will be responsible for paying a new registration fee should you want to schedule another class. Sorry, but there are no exceptions. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please contact Ashley at email@example.com.