This policy has been approved by the MCRRC Board of Directors. Any questions should be addressed to your Program Director.
- MCRRC training program participants must be at least 18 years old to participate in any training program.
- Training program fees are set by the MCRRC Board of Directors.
- Any fee associated with a training program’s “target” race will be the responsibility of the training program participants. Program registration will not include race registration.
- Participants will use an online registration system to register for training programs and will pay the fee for the program along with the applicable service fee(s).
- Program Refunds, Deferrals & Transfers: Refunds for program registrations will be considered, within one month of the start of the program for the following reasons: military deployment, duplicate (erroneous) registrations (we will refund one; the participant will keep the other), or death in the immediate family. Deferrals will be considered for illnesses or injury up to two weeks after the start of a program only. A participant interested in deferring their registration within this timeframe should contact the Program Director for further instructions.
- All participants must be current MCRRC members.
- Program participants will sign a waiver of liability as part of the registration process for any training program.
- MCRRC relies on volunteers to staff club races, coach training programs, and administer the business of the club. Training program participants are asked to volunteer at least once each year for each program they participate with.
- At the onset of each training program, participants will be requested to join the program’s communication channel(s), which will serve as the primary means of communication with participants. Should a participant decline to join these channels, they will not receive important announcements from the Program Director. These channels are to be used for matters pertaining to program activities during registration, training, and regarding key races. The advertising of non-club related programs or commercial enterprises that benefit individual members of the group or other outside organizations are not permitted to be posted. Appeals for fundraising campaigns or charity running slots and other endeavors are likewise not permitted.
- The communication channels will contain the Training Program Participant Policies and Safety Policy. Participants will be requested to read and agree to both during the registration process.
- Special accommodations not generally provided by group training programs are the responsibility of the participant. Special accommodations include, but are not limited to, guide runners, signers, sag wagons, and dietary needs at program supported aid stations.
- Participants recognize and agree that volunteer coaches provide coaching for the purpose of the program as a whole. Individual or specific coaching needs not covered by the program are the responsibility of the participant if desired (i.e., private coaching).
(Updated, March 2023)