Justification: To recognize each year one female and one male MCRRC runners who have excelled in offroad/offtrack racing.
Required Qualifications: Award recipients must:
- Have been members of MCRRC for the majority of the calendar year for which the award is given;
- Have not previously won this award;
- Have volunteered in service of the trail running community during the year for which the award is given;
Award winners will be selected by a MUTROY committee on the basis of:
- Times and finishing places in mountain, ultra, and/or trail races. The committee may consider contextual factors (runner’s age; course difficulty; weather conditions) in evaluating times and places. Club cross-country series races may be considered but will be given less weight than longer trail races.
- Volunteer contributions to the trail running community.
- MUTROY Committee members may not vote for themselves, nor for nominees with whom they have family, coaching, coworker, or teacher/student relationships.
MUTROY Committee members may make nominations. Any club member may nominate themselves, or other runners, by sending an email to the committee chair, Barry Hauptman at [email protected] The nomination should include the nominee’s name, sex, summary of running accomplishments, and confirmation that the nominee is an MCRRC member. Desirable information includes the nominee’s regular mailing address, email address, phone number, age. and volunteer contributions.
Any questions about the nomination process may be sent to [email protected]