The topic of COVID-19 remains a concern to many people, including the MCRRC Board. This was not an easy decision, but one made following the announcement by Governor Larry Hogan declaring a State of Emergency and the recommendation from local officials that any events containing large groups of people refrain from meeting.
With this in mind, the Board of Directors has suspended all club activities through March 31, 2020. This includes, but is not limited to, races, weekly workouts, training program workouts, social events, etc.
What does this mean?
* The Piece of Cake 5K/ 10K scheduled for March 22, 2020 is cancelled
* The board elections/ club’s birthday party scheduled for March 22, 2020 is cancelled
* Spin in the Woods, scheduled for March 29, 2020 is cancelled
* All official club weekly workouts are cancelled through March 31, 2020
* Training program workouts are cancelled through March 31, 2020
* Tracks have been closed by MCPS and Montgomery College
* No official club social events will be held through March 31, 2020
At this time, no decision has been made regarding ANY EVENT past March 31st.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause to our members. The board and staff will continue to monitor COVID-19 and to follow the guidelines put forth by local government officials. We will re-evaluate the status of our operations as we approach March 31st date and will keep our members informed of any future decisions.
Should you have any concerns, please feel free to contact the office.
Ashley Zuraf, Director