Did you know?
- Roger Bannister was the first person to ever run the mile under 4:00 minutes
- His time was 3:59.4 on May 6th, 1954
- Most sports scholars at that time believed that no one would ever break that barrier and thought it to be an unimaginable feat
- Doctors at that time thought the human body could not hold up under the pressure of running that fast.
- Shortly after Bannister’s race, one of his running competitors John Landy from Austrailia also broke the 4 minute mile.
- Did you know that running and walking can make you live a longer, healthier life?
Interested in trying your hand at this one time unimaginable feat? Just looking for a fun & healthy activity your whole family can enjoy?
La Milla de Mayo is Olde Towne Gaithersburg is BACK for another year! Registration opens on January 2nd – kick start those New Years resolutions!
REGISTER HERE ON JANUARY 2ND!
The race is presented by the City of Gaithersburg in partnership with the Montgomery County Road Runners Club.