This policy will guide the content and usage of MCRRC-sponsored social media channels including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (herein referred to collectively as social media). MCRRC-sponsored social media channels include those of individual races or programs in addition to club-level platforms.
The purpose of MCRRC’s participation on such social media is to provide both club and non-club members with additional means by which to receive news and alerts in addition to the information available on the official club website. Each social media channel will have at least two administrators at all times – the Executive Director and a member of the club (race director, program director, board or committee member, or volunteer.) The management of all social media channels should be reviewed annually or as needed upon a leadership change. Interim changes may be made at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- The Executive Director will possess all official accounts and passwords as required to administer the social sites. These accounts and passwords will only be shared with other administrators and at the Executive Director’s discretion.
- Administrators will update announcements, remove posts inconsistent with MCRRC’s Code of Conduct, approve new members, and perform administrative duties as necessary.
- Club members or the community at large will not have the ability to post to MCRRC social media channels. Should club or community members wish to use the social sites to convey specific information about races, programs, or other activities they should send a request to the Executive Director at email@example.com.
- Membership to MCRRC social media channels are not limited to club members and may be used as appropriate to share non-MCRRC information based on the following criteria. This applies only to MCRRC club-level social media accounts, NOT individual race or program pages.
- Content must be running related, appropriate and non-partisan in nature;
- The event or program must be local (in Montgomery County or in close proximity to);
- The event or program must provide a discount to MCRRC members or demonstrate a clear benefit to members; and
- The event or program must in no way compete with or interfere with an MCRRC-sponsored event or program.
- The Managers reserve the right to remove inappropriate or offensive comments on posts, turn off commenting or remove a post altogether if deemed appropriate to do so.
- MCRRC will not be responsible for misuse of personal information by the social sites themselves or information gathered by other users of the social sites. All users must agree to and abide by the terms and conditions put forth by the individual social sites and agree to not hold MCRRC responsible for any misuse of information.
- Information contained on MCRRC social sites is the property of MCRRC and may not be used without permission.
(Updated August 2022)