We know that races are a valued piece of your membership and it’s been disappointing for so many to be cancelled this year due to COVID-19. Here at MCRRC, we are keeping an eye on Reopening Montgomery County, especially as it pertains to group running. The safety of our members, volunteers and staff will remain our top priority. In order to continue to serve our members, we have created a virtual race series using some of your favorite trails and locations!
UPDATE: We listened to our runners and understand that some of you may not feel safe running one or more of these courses without the traditional race support. All races in this virtual series are now designated as Run Anywhere. Participants may run the designated course or choose any route (of the specified distance) with which they feel comfortable.
The virtual series is FREE for members and is meant to be fun, to keep members engaged with the club, and to provide an opportunity to compete against other members, measure progress during training and to maintain camaraderie with other members.
- Races include:
- Piece of Cake 10K (Strava map provided)
- Spin in the Woods XC (Strava map provided)
- Run Aware XC (Strava map provided)
- Little Bennett XC (Strava map provided)
- Going Green 2 Mile (can be completed anywhere)
- Matthew Henson 5K (Strava map provided)
- Midsummer Night’s Mile (can be completed anywhere)
- Eastern County 8K (Strava map provided)**
- Lake Needwood XC (Strava map provided)
- Race Where You Are 5K (can be completed anywhere)
- Participants can choose one event, ten events or any number in between!
- Complete any 5 races in the series for a special premium — a never before released pair of MOCO socks!
- Complete the 10-race challenge & receive not only the socks, but your choice of MOCO gear from our gear shop (subject to availability)!
- All events must be completed by October 31, 2020.
- Valid results must be uploaded to the race page for each race.
- This series is for MEMBERS ONLY!
Registration is FREE and is for MCRRC Members only — membership will be verified during the registration process. Click here to register for your race(s) today!
Bib numbers will be assigned upon registration & a link will be sent to you to download your virtual race bib. Please note that unless you register for the 10-race series, you will likely have a unique bib number for each event you select. The system does not have a way to tell that every race in your “shopping cart” is for the same person and will therefore assign a unique number for each race you register for. This is OK — the virtual series is meant to be for fun. If you register for the 10-race series, you should have the same bib number for each event.
Valid results must be uploaded to the race site for each event completed. There are no prizes for the fastest or slowest time and all times are submitted on the honor system. As mom always says, “if you cheat, you are only cheating yourself.” The easiest way to submit your results is to visit the race website and click on “Results.”
All premiums earned for the 5-race or 10-race challenge will be mailed in early November, following the October 31st deadline for completion. Please note that in order to claim your premium, you must complete & upload results for each event. The list will be compiled from race results, not from registration, so simply registering for the series will not earn you a premium.