Given the rapidly changing situation with COVID-19 and the new guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control regarding the cancellation of social gatherings of more than 50 people for the next 8 weeks, the Board of Directors has decided to extend the suspension of club activities.
The Board of Directors has suspended all club activities through May 17, 2020. This includes, but is not limited to, races, weekly workouts, training program workouts, social events, etc.
What does this mean? (*** updated)
* The Piece of Cake 5K/ 10K scheduled for March 22, 2020 is cancelled
* The board elections/ club’s birthday party scheduled for March 22, 2020 is cancelled
* Spin in the Woods scheduled for March 29, 2020 is cancelled*** Capital for a Day scheduled for April 18, 2020 is cancelled
*** Pike’s Peek 10K scheduled for April 26, 2020 is cancelled
*** La Milla de Mayo scheduled for May 2, 2020 is cancelled
*** Run Aware scheduled for May 3, 2020 is cancelled
* All official club weekly workouts are cancelled through May 17, 2020
* Training program workouts are cancelled through May 17, 2020
* No official club social events will be held through May 17, 2020
Please note that the club’s no refund policy remains in effect. Current registrants for the Pike’s Peek 10K will have the opportunity to defer their entry to next year’s race for a fee of $5 (half of our usual deferral fee). Registrants for the 2020 race will NOT pay the regular entry fee for the 2021 race. All registrants will receive a special link to use when registering for the 2021 race and will only be responsible for the deferral fee upon registering for the 2021 race.
Additionally, the Germantown 5 Miler will be held on July 4, 2020 and club leadership is working on a solution for the Annual Awards Banquet, originally scheduled to follow Run Aware on May 3rd. More information on the status of this event will be made available when possible.
In this time of stress and uncertainty, we do appreciate everyone’s support & cooperation as the board and staff navigates through a very difficult situation. Should you have any concerns, please feel free to contact the office